Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Simple Christianity


As Americans, our life is consumed with so many things.  We are constantly busy, and if we do not have enough things on our plate already, we will try and pile on more so that we can stay busy.  We then try to fit God into the mix of it all, and sometimes He fits and sometimes He doesn’t.  One thing that I have appreciated being in Wotutu (village), Cameroon (Country), Africa is the simplicity of life and the simplicity of Christianity.  I saw a few kids outside playing, not with their iPhones, not one the xbox360, but with a marbles and a box they had drawn in the sand.  A simple game of marbles, and yet they were having the time of their life.  I think it was a pretty intense game.  You see the simplicity in the lives of the people of the village.  The have time to visit with one another. They make time to come into each other’s homes. Everyone treats the other with respect and honor. Eph. 4:32, “and be king do one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”  Simple gesture of kindness, loving and forgiving attitudes such as these brethren have been demonstrating is the simple kind of Christianity that we need.  This shows the love of Christ not only to the brethren but also to those who are not Christians.  I have been inspired by the gratitude these brethren have for somebody wanting to come to help them learn more about the word of God.  It reminds me that I should be more grateful in my everyday life that God has given to me.  I want to greet others as I have been greeted, with welcoming arms, and a gladness to be seen.  I want to encourage others more in their walk with the Lord and to remind someone every day of the blessings that God has given to us.  I want to be a simple Christian who does not get lost in the materials of the world, but rather focus everything I do and say on the life which Christ has asked us to live. May God bless your day as you live in simple Christianity.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Loved this blog so much! That is the simplicity we need to get back to and desire! Thank you for that reminder!!! I love you! Love~Whitney